Party Casino is an online gaming establishment that’s been in business since 1997. Operated by Electraworks Limited out of Gibraltar, they are licensed and regulated by the UK Gambling Commission and have received the eCOGRA seal for fairness and security. Unfortunately, they do not accept players from the United States.
The purpose of this article is to provide an unbiased review of Party Casino, illustrating both the positive and negative aspects of their operation. We do this in the hopes of better educating their potential customer base and allowing them to make the most informed decision possible before creating an account and forking over money.
Before we continue, it should also be noted that I have received no financial compensation to provide a positive review of Party Casino. My opinions are based strictly on personal experience and careful research. If I recommend this site, it is simply because I believe in their service. A large number of highly-ranked Google reviews cannot make the same claim.
Pros and Cons
Cons – Before we start patting Party Casino on the back and proclaiming them the greatest thing since sliced bread, it seems only fair to look at some of the negative aspects of the company. You might find these drawbacks trivial or substantial, but that’s up to you to decide.
No US Players – Party Casino doesn’t accept American players, a policy that’s no doubt been bolstered by the 2006 passage of the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act. U.S. gamblers will need to look elsewhere, and the same applies to residents of the following: Angola, France, Libya, Italy, India, Nigeria, Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, North Korea, South Korea, Turkey, Syria, Cuba, Guatemala, Bulgaria, Gibraltar, and the Cook Islands.
No Manual Flushing – When a player requests a withdrawal, that money is set aside by the casino while the payout is processed. Until the money ventures out into the real world, the player always has the option of reversing his or her request and putting the cash back into their account to play with. This proves an overwhelming temptation for some, and I’ve known multiple players who’ve reversed thousands of dollars in winnings only to lose them at slots or the roulette wheel.
Manual flushing adds an extra layer of protection, as the casino takes the requested withdrawal amount and places it out of the reach of the customer. Of course, this isn’t in the best interest of the gaming establishment, which is why a growing number of casinos don’t offer the feature. This is true of Party Casino, so winning players need to grit their teeth and rely upon their own self-control to combat the temptations of reversing a withdrawal request.
Dated Games – While there’s nothing wrong with the games offered by Party Casino, there are some options that are starting to look a tad old. While other software designers crank out increasingly elaborate slots, some of the choices offered by this casino’s in-house designers seem to exist only to boost their overall game total.
A good comparison would be watching a television show from a few decades ago. The show itself may still be entertaining, but there’s no denying that it looks dated compared to more recent options.
Progressive Withdrawal Limits – Most casinos impose some limit on how much money can be withdrawn by a player in a given month. This is common throughout the industry, and it’s nothing to get upset about. Progressive jackpot wins, however, are usually exempt from these limitations.
Depending on your status within their loyalty program, the withdrawal limit at Party Casino ranges from $20,000 to $150,000 per month. This shouldn’t be a problem in most cases, but it’s another matter entirely when we’re talking about progressive jackpots.
Let’s say, for example, that you luck into winning a major progressive worth $2 million dollars. If you’re at the bottom rung of their loyalty program, it would take you 100 months (8 years and 4 months) to receive all your winnings. Even at the high end of the spectrum, you would be required to wait over a year to get everything that’s coming to you.
The odds of being in such a situation are small. However, I doubt there’s a player alive who’s going to be thrilled about having to wait years to receive millions of dollars that should be available immediately. The watchdog site known as Casinomeister has even put Party Casino on their rogue list due to this policy (although they incorrectly list them as using Playtech software).
Pros – Here are the most compelling reasons why a potential customer should consider opening an account with Party Casino.
Industry Awards – During their long history of providing gambling options, Party Casino has racked up a respectable number of awards from various sources. While this in itself doesn’t guarantee you a positive experience at their site, it does indicate that they have the respect of industry leaders. Some of the most notable awards include:
- 2013 Online Bingo Operator of the Year – International Gaming Awards
- 2012 Online Poker Operator of the Year – International Gaming Awards
- 2011 Online Casino Operator of the Year – International Gaming Awards
- 2010 Slots Operator of the Year – eGaming Review Awards
Bonuses Made Simple – Some casinos can make your head spin with their confusing terms and conditions regarding bonuses. That’s not the case at Party Casino, as all promotions are laid out in an easy-to-understand format that detail wagering requirements. If you want free money but don’t want to feel like a moron, then check out these offers.
As of this writing, the following are some of the available bonus amounts:
- Welcome Package – When you sign up, you’ll receive double your first deposit up to $100, as well as 50 free spins on the slots.
- The Starship – One you make a deposit, you’ll receive 10% of your casino losses as cashback.
- The Tower – By playing slots on the rights days and earning enough player points throughout the month, you can win up to $2,500 in bonus money.
- The Voyage – During a seven day period, you earn points for playing slots and achieve different naval ranks. If you’re a cabin boy by the end of the week, you’ll receive a $2 cash bonus. Become a captain, however, and you’ll get $1000 ($3000 for VIP players) deposited into your account.
- VIP Luck of the Draw – If you’re a VIP player who deposits at least $100 and earns a minimum of 100 player points within a one-month period, you can draw a random prize card and win anywhere from a reload bonus to $3,000.
Big Progressives – Part Casino offers a number of impressive progressive jackpots, several of which can turn you into a millionaire with a single spin of the reels. The last time I checked, the following were some of the jackpots being offered:
- $2,054,248.31 – Linked with Melon Madness, Loot’En Khamun, Going Nuts, Road Hogs, and Snow Business
- $1,086,517.61 – Linked with Dragon’s Hoard, Hawaiian Madness, Hippy Days, The Sting, and Mega Fortune Wheel
- $1,823.39 – Linked with Candy Store, Treasures of the Past, and Pirate’s Booty
- $3,545,263.34 – The total available jackpots during my last visit to Party Casino
As I noted earlier, just keep in mind that the casino has a limit on how much can be withdrawn per month. If you were fortunate enough to win a jackpot worth a few million dollars, you might have to wait eight years or longer to collect the full amount.
Mobile Gaming – You can download the Party Casino app on your Android or iOS and choose from games such as slots, video poker, blackjack, and roulette. Their progressive jackpots are also available, and mobile games have already hit these multiple times for over $5 million in winnings.
While the selection of games is still relatively small, you can expect this number to grow over time. Mobile gaming is the future, and this casino is already light years ahead of competitors who don’t even make the option available to customers.
VIP & Loyalty Program – In order to earn loyalty points at Party Casino, you’ll need to make a wager of a predetermined size on a particular game. Here are the current requirements:
- Virtual Racing – $5
- Keno – $10
- Video Poker – $20
- Red Dog – $20
- Casino War – $20
- Table Poker – $25
- Slots – $25
- Roulette – $50
- Baccarat – $50
- Craps – $50
- Blackjack – $150
- Single-deck Blackjack – $200
Depending on how many points you earn in a quarter, you’ll be placed in a specified VIP level. These include the following:
- 0 to 399 points – Bronze
- 400 to 999 – Silver
- 1,000+ – Gold
- 9,000+ in a quarter – Palladium
There’s also a level called “Palladium Elite,” but it’s by invitation only. Your level dictates the available items in the online store, and these can range from electronics all the way to luxury vacations and expensive jewelry. Your player points are used as currency to purchase them.
Game Selection – I’ve never been a fan of casinos that get their games from a single software provider. That’s because they have a stock pool to draw upon, and a number of competitors are also going to provide the exact same choices.
Party Casino uses a unique blend of software from WMS Gaming, PartyGaming, Electracade, Evolution Gaming, Cryptologic, IGT, and Betsoft. Since PartyGaming is proprietary software found only at this casino, you can be assured of a gambling experience that’s truly one of a kind.
I’ve always has a passion for licensed slots, which are games based around a popular movie or television series. In order to demonstrate the diverse selection available to players, let’s take a look at some of my current favorites from Party Casino:
- The Terminator – This franchise was started by director James Cameron back in the 1980s, and it’s the role that helped launch Arnold Schwarzenegger to stardom. Your goal is to stay one step ahead of the killer androids created by Skynet, and you’ll earn cash and prizes for doing so. If you’re really lucky, you might even become the savior of the human race along the way.
- Sin City – Based on the movie from Robert Rodriguez, which was an adaptation of the comic from Frank Miller, Sin City puts the player into a world surrounded by gritty heroes, femme fatales, and lots and lots of danger.
- Knight Rider – Join Michael Knight and his talking car, KITT, as they travel the highways of America and get into all manner of adventures.
- Monopoly – The funny fellow with the top hat and oversized moustache is back, and he’ll lead you through an exciting array of challenges while you try to purchase valuable property such as Boardwalk and Park Place.
- Cluedo – Known as “Clue” in America, this mystery game tasks players with identifying a killer from colorful suspects such as Colonel Mustard, Miss Scarlet, and Professor Plum. The slot operates in a similar fashion, and all the suspects are present (as well as numerous murder weapons).
Staying Power – Online casinos come and go, and even a reputable brand can be wiped out through a combination of poor management, bad luck, and lack of cash flow. Party Casino, however, has been around since 1997, which makes it one of the oldest sites to offer virtual gambling.
Fast Payouts – Withdrawals are often processed on the same day that they’re requested. That’s a world of difference when compared to casinos that sometimes take a month or longer to deliver your payment.
In addition to their renowned speed for getting money to players, Party Casino offers a number of ways to do it. Checks are always an option, and those who wish to use the same method of deposit and withdrawal can choose between Click2Pay, Citadel, bank transfers, MasterCard, Maestro, PayPal, Neteller, Solo, Skrill, WebMoney, and Visa.
Global Customer Base – It’s not unusual to encounter casinos that are only available in a single language and deal in one form of currency. In keeping with their global appeal, Party Casino supports 14 languages and 5 types of currency. The only drawback comes in their lack of Asian languages, as I didn’t see Chinese or Japanese among the list of supported dialects.
While their policy regarding withdrawal limits on progressive jackpots is unappealing, there’s still a lot to like about Party Casino. They’ve established a strong reputation after being in business since 1997, and their game selection and large payouts should cause any potential customer to feel a twinge of excitement. They’ve also been recognized with multiple industry awards over the years, so you also know that they have the respect of their peers.
Add all this together and you have a reliable online gaming establishment that’s among the best in the business. I have an account at Party Casino, and I recommend that you do the same.